Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beef Short Ribs



This was Short Ribs, with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

6 Beef Short Ribs:
salt and peppered
3 T Ghee
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
6 cloves of garlic
4 sprigs thyme
1 or 2 bay leaves
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 cups red wine (or so)
4 cups beef broth (or so)*
4 sprigs flat parsley
3 or 4 dried prunes, finely chopped/processed (optional)


I pressured cooked this then transferred it to a Le Creuset pot to finish reducing. For this, I actually used some white wine, port, and a little cognac because I didn't have any red wine I felt like opening. I removed the vegetables pressing them and all the liquid into a sieve before reduction.
* I used homemade beef bone broth...nicely gelatinous.

Pressure cooked potatoes were mashed plenty of raw butter, raw cream, and celtic sea salt and pepper to taste.

This was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment